Once Pete taste-tested the orange pepper to let me know it packed some heat, I was ready and started the following recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- 1 Pouch Cornbread Mix
- 2 tblsps. butter
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 orange hot pepper, de-seeded and chopped up itty-bitty
- 1/2 can of corn
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well-mixed and transfer to a greased pan size recommended by the cornbread mix. Put in the oven and bake 14-16 minutes until a golden brown color shows. Once it's out of the oven, take it out of the pan immediately and let sit and cool before serving.
Is that ALL?!?! Not quite. First, this spicy cornbread was a side to a smoked applewood bacon turkey breast for JennieO and a carrot, parsnip, nutmeg mash I whipped up right quick. However, once this bread sits for a few days, its about to become spicy cornbread stuffing because not-a-one-thing goes to waste in Rachel 'Tha Pizza Cutta's' kitchen!