As the Superbowl Season of party food favorites for rowdy and ravenous crowds continues, this post highlights what simple Philadelphia Cream Cheese-based dishes can be crowd pleasers for you and your party guests. Side dishes and finger food such as Salsa Rosemary Chevre Dip and Mexican Pizzas keep appetites (and hopefully also tempers) at bay while your main dish event perhaps of some slow-smoked ribs or burgers on the grill are getting ready to come in for some serious offensive eating. The key for the host or hostess with the mostess to churning out stellar side dishes and finger foods are one, ease of preparation and two, big flavor-boom. In a case of superb timing, LoveMyPhilly.com recently contacted me about testing recipes of my choosing from the Kraft Philadelphia Holiday Desserts pamphlet. Thanks to that window of opportunity I am able to present Creamy Buffalo Chicken Dip and BBQ Buffalo Chicken Pizzas.
Creamy Buffalo Chicken Dip
Adapted from the Kraft Philadelphia Holiday Desserts recipe "Easy Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip"
- 1 pkg. (8oz.) Philadelphia 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese.
- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped cooked chicken*if cooking chicken, see below.
- 1/2 cup Blue Cheese Dressing**see homemade recipe below.
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce; 4 tblsp. butter melted and mixed with 1/4 cup hot sauce.
- 3 green onion stems
- Paprika & chili paste to increase heat.
*Optional. Cooking the chicken:1 1/2 cups of chicken = 6 raw tenderloins.
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- black pepper
- garlic powder
Bomb Blue Cheese Dressing
Yield - about 1/2 cup
- 2.2 oz. blue cheese crumbles
- 3 tblspn. buttermilk
- 3 tblspn. Kraft Breakstone's Reduced Fat Sour Cream
- 2 tblspn. cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 shakes of sea salt
- In a small bowl using a fork, mix the blue cheese crumbles and buttermilk together.
- Stir in sour cream, vinegar, sugar, black pepper, and the sea salt.
- You can make and refrigerate this ahead of time.
- Cut small rings of the green onions until the pale green becomes white. Stop there.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, mix all the ingredients of the dip and microwave on high for 3-5 min.
- ***Optional: Taste the dip and if you want to increase the spiciness, add 1/4 tsp. paprika and 1-2 tblsp. of a chili paste or chili sauce like Sriarchi.
- Stir and serve with celery and carrot sticks and/or crackers.
BBQ Buffalo Cheesy Chicken Pizza
Serving Size: 2 individual 8" pizza crusts, or 12 mini-slices for appetizers.
- 2 8 in. Boboli Pizza Crusts
- 6 tblsp. Kraft Spicy Honey Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 cup Kraft Cheddar Cheese Crumbles
- 4-6 tblsp. Creamy Chicken Buffalo Dip
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup pre-cooked bacon pieces
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Spread 2-3 tblsp. of Kraft Spicy Honey Barbecue Sauce on each crust.
- Spread 2-3 tblsp. of Creamy Buffalo Chicken Dip over the bbq sauce.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of Kraft Cheddar Cheese Crumbles evenly over the dip and to the edge of the crust.
- Sprinkle pre-cooked bacon pieces evenly over the entire pizza.
- Place the pizza directly onto the top rack of the oven. Make sure a baking sheet or tinfoil is under the top rack to catch any debris.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is brown and the cheese is lightly browned.
- Let cool 5-7 minutes before cutting.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped celery and serve.